Earthwork Excavation Calculation for Road Work | Road Estimate in ExcelIn this Article today we will talk about the Earthwork Excavation Calculation for Road Work | Road Construction Layers | Road Estimate in Excel | Quantity Estimation of Road Work | Earth Work Calculation in Excel | Earth Work | Earthwork Calculation Formula
Earth Work:Soil is one of the vital construction materials that is applied for the construction of road, embankment , earthen dam. The method of excavating the soil, deliver to the other place and placing it is known as Earthwork. The Quantities of Earthwork differs from millions of cubic meters to 100 cubic meter. Road Construction Layers
Methods of Earth Work:Earthwork mainly includes the following method:-
- Excavation of soil or shifting of the soil.
- Loading, transportation and unloading of soil.
- Placing and compacting of the soil.
Earthwork Conditions in Hilly Areas:
- Fully in cutting.
- Fully in filling.
- Partially in cutting and filling.
Earthwork Excavation Calculation | Road Estimate Partially in Cutting and Filling:Calculate approximately of earthwork through mean area method in partially cutting as well as filling lengthwise regarding road embankment. Road formation width in plain region is 22 ft as well as side slope in cutting is 1:1 and in filling is 2:1. Formation level at RD equal to 0 is 575.00m. On the part of road upward gradient of 200:1 is suggested. Natural surface levels at different RDs are specified underneath – compute quantity of earthwork for the road?
|Reduced Distance||0 (cutting)||100 (cutting)||200 (cutting)||212.50 RD of IMP||300 (filling)||400 (filling)||500 (filling)|
|Depth (d) F.S.L. – N.S.L.||-2.65||– 1.35||– 0.15||0||1.05||2.35||3.75|
|Area (A) equal to (a + b/2 x d) (ft2)||65.32||31.52||3.32||0||25.30||62.75||110.63|
- Top width of road equal to B equal to 22 ft (will be similar in all over the embankment)
- Side slope in cutting equal to S1 equal to 1:1 equal to 1
- Side slope in filling equal to S2 equal to 2:1 equal to 2
- Depth in cutting / Filling equal to 4 equal to Formation level – NSL
- Upward gradient slope equal to +g equal to 200:1 equal to 200
- Formation level at initial RD equal to FL equal to 575
- Since the formation is in a upward gradient (+g) of 200:1, formation width is 22 ft as well as formation level at R.D. equal to 0 is 575 so (specified info)
- The boost in formation level equal to Interval/gradient slope equal to 100/200 m equal to 0.50 ft