Checklist for Slab Reinforcement While Casting | How to Check the Slab Reinforcement
In this Article today we will talk about the Checklist for Slab Reinforcement while Casting | Slab Casting Reinforcement | Slab Reinforcement Calculation | How to Check Slab Reinforcement | Main and Distribution Bars in Slab | Rebar Lapping in Slab | Development Length in Slab Reinforcement | Things to Check before Slab Concreting | Slab Reinforcement Inspection Checklist
Checklist for Slab Reinforcement?
In this article, you will learn the general checklist of slab reinforcement that is practicing on the construction site before the concreting of the slab. The following are the checklist done in slab reinforcement. Slab Reinforcement Calculation
Checklist of Slab Reinforcement
Checklist for Main and Distribution Bar:
- Reinforcement bars shall be free from rust, mud, oil, slurry, loose materials, etc.
- Grade of steel (for Example Fe 500 or Fe 500 D) for both main and Distribution bars shall be checked as per approved drawings. Slab Reinforcement Calculation
- The diameter of Main Bars and Distribution along Shorter Span shall be checked.
- Diameter of Main Bars and Distribution along longer Span shall be checked.
- Ensure the main reinforcement of the slab shall be passed through the beam.
- Reinforcement shall be bent up as per the approved structural drawings.
- Length of bent up Bars shall be checked.
- Length of bent up bars projecting in adjacent bays. Main and Distribution Bars in Slab
Check for spacing between Main and Distribution Bar:
- Check the Spacing between Main Bars and Distribution bars in both shorter and longer span of each slab panel. Rebar Lapping in Slab
To confirm the spacing between the bars shall be done as per the following steps. At first, let’s assume the spacing between the mains bars is 6″ (Refer to the slab reinforcement plan). Take the measurement of 5 feet length and count the number of bars. If the number of bars shall be matched with the below-calculated value using the formula, then the spacing between the bar is correct. Rebar Lapping in Slab
Number of bar = Length of Bar/ Spacing +1
= 5’/6″ +1
= (5 x 12)/6+1 =11 Nos. (This value should be matched with number of bars present on the site. Things to Check before Slab Concreting
Checklist for Extra Bars:
- The diameter of Extra Bars shall be checked.
- Make sure the length of the extra top reinforcement on the slab as per Drawing.
- Spacing between the Extra bars shall be checked.
- Check the Position of extra reinforcement. Extra Reinforcement is provided on the discontinuous edge of the slab or simply supported end.
- The diameter of Extra Bars shall be checked. Things to Check before Slab Concreting
Checklist for dowel Bars:
- Dowel bars shall be provided for a future extension for the upper story column.
- Check the reinforcement shall be left for the upper floor staircase or not.
- Ensure the reinforcement shall be left for balconies.
- Check the diameter of the dowels bars.
- Check the length of dowel bars as per approved drawings.
- Dowel bars of slab and beam shall be checked.
Checklist for Cover Block:
- The depth of the cover block shall be checked as per Structural drawings.
- Ensure that the cover blocks have the same grade as of concrete slab grade.
- Ensure the position of the cover blocks is intact.
- Cover Block shall be placed below between the intersection of Main Bars in x-direction and Y-direction.
- Cover Block shall be placed at a distance of 1 m from each other. It shall be placed everywhere on the slab.
- Make sure that Reinforcement shall not touch the formwork. If it touched, the cover block shall be placed immediately. Development Length in Slab Reinforcement
Checklist for Chair Bar:
- Ensure the diameter of chairs bars as per approved drawings.
- Depth of Chair Bars shall be checked.
- Ensure that leg of the chair shall be rested on the Main bars of the slab.
- Chair Bars are used in the slab in order to lift the Crank Bars.
Checklist for lapping:
- Ensure the lap location of slab reinforcement.
- Proper binding of Lapped bars should be checked.
- Lapping should not be placed in the middle of the slab.
- Make sure the lap is placed in a staggered manner.
- Lap length shall be checked as per drawings. Slab Reinforcement Inspection Checklist
Checklist for development length:
- In the end, the Main reinforcement of Slab shall have L-bend.
- Development length (L-Shape main Reinforcement of the slab shall be up to the bottom of the beam). Slab Reinforcement Inspection Checklist
Checklist for Bar Binding:
- Ensure the proper binding of reinforcement at the intersection point.
- Make sure the binding wire should not be loose its tightness while concreting of the slab.
- When slab reinforcement passes through the beam, at the junction, slab reinforcement shall be tied properly by binding wire with beam reinforcement.
- Check that oil should not come in contact with the surface of Reinforcement.
- Temporary ties in column reinforcement shall be provided.
Checklist for Electrical Items:
- Check the electrical conduits work of slab as per Electrical drawings.
- Check the proper position of fan points, M.S. box, PVC pipers, And Junction box, etc.
Full article on Checklist for Slab Reinforcement while Casting | Slab Casting Reinforcement | Slab Reinforcement Calculation | How to Check Slab Reinforcement | Main and Distribution Bars in Slab | Rebar Lapping in Slab | Development Length in Slab Reinforcement | Things to Check before Slab Concreting | Slab Reinforcement Inspection Checklist. Thank you for the full reading of this article in “The Civil Engineering” platform in English. If you find this post helpful, then help others by sharing it on social media. If any formula of BBS is missing from this article please tell me in comments.