Method Statement for Concrete Repair Works | Structural Works | Repair of Concrete Cracks | Structural Concrete Repair | Steps for Concrete Damage Repair:
The Main purpose of this Method Statement is to outline the repair procedure of strul concrete works for all building works in compliance with all the required specifications, standards, and proper construction procedures.
SCOPE OF WORK:
This document covers the work for the repair of structural concrete as follows:
- Repair of structural conc. surface due to honeycomb, tie rod holes and other imperfections of concrete surface. (Sikatop 121).
- Repair of structural conc. due to concrete surface cracking.( Sikadur 752/Sikadur 731)
- Repair of structural conc. due to water leak.(Sika Top Seal 107).
WORK FLOW CHART:
A sketch of the surface defect shall be prepared indicating the location as reflected in the drawing. All surface defects shall be given ID number for easy reference.
Surface preparation shall be done in accordance with the materials manufacturer’s recommendation as indicated in this method of statement, technical data sheet as per mentioned product.
DEFECT CATEGORY IDENTIFICATION AND TREATMENT METHOD:
After surface preparation of affected area, types of defects and classification of treatment shall be established as follows:
Mixing, application and curing shall be done in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendation as indicated in this method of statement.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Prior to commencement of the works, we will ensure that technical specifications of each product was carefully carried out to avoid any problem at site.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- All required PPE such as helmet and safety shoes shall be provided and maintained for all workers doing the repair works.
- For the porpose of protecting workers eye injury and flying particles, eye protector such as safety glass,face shield and goggles shall be provided engaged in the related work.
- Mask and rubber gloves are required to workers involved in mixing and application as per MSDS requirements.
Barricades, signs and Materials to be used:
- Safety and warning signboards in dual language shall be installed.
- Barricades shall be erected to isolate the working area with suitable and sufficient access.
- Materials required for this work shall be properly stored and identified at areas designated for this purpose.
- All Scaffolding to be used, if any shall be inspected prior to use.
- Sika Monotop 615HB
- Sika Monotop R
- Sikadur 731
- Sikadur 752
- Sika seal 107
Note: You can download the above product technical data sheets on sika official website.
Full article on Method Statement for Concrete Repair Works | Structural Works | Repair of Concrete Cracks | Steps for Concrete Damage Repair. Thank you for the full reading of this article in “The Civil Engineering” platform in English. If you find this post helpful, then help others by sharing it on social media. If you have any question regarding article please tell me in comments.